Sundance Trail Ranch is a summer guest ranch and fall, winter and spring bed & breakfast offering horseback riding and hiking the Colorado Rocky Mountains, rock climbing, white water rafting, and more. Ride "your" horse for the week – some folks have been riding the same horse for years!
Spend Halloween with us and check out the Ghost Towns!
The Livermore and Red Feather Lakes area of Colorado is rich with history and was home to many small mining “boom” towns in the late 1800s. Now Ghost Towns, you can travel a short distance from the ranch and make a day trip out of their spooky history! Return to the ranch for a delicious, home-cooked meal, good conversation and warm, cozy bed. A great way to spend a weekend in October!
Fall colors are in full bloom at Sundance Trail Guest Ranch!
Fall is the perfect time of year to visit us at Sundance Trail Guest Ranch. The hustle and bustle of the summer season has come to a close and our Country Inn and Ranch B&B stays offer a relaxing way to spend your vacation. If you’ve never spent time in Colorado during the fall months, its simply spectacular! The aspen groves are on fire with bright hues of yellow, gold, red and copper, the air is crisp and the horses are fluffing up for the coming winter. Come stay with us for a relaxing getaway!
Our off-season rates are in!
That’s right! The summer season has come to a close and our Country Inn and Ranch B&B stays are in full swing. Join us for a single night or a full week and see just how wonderful the ranch can be throughout fall and winter. The air is crisp, the aspens are turning, the fireplace is burning and our cooks are preparing some of their best comfort foods. Bring your significant other for a romantic getaway, the family for a week of mountain fun or come by yourself for a quiet, relaxing reset. We’d love to have you!
Learn more by visiting Sundance Trail Guest Ranch's website or by calling 970-224-1222 or emailing Sundance Trail Ranch.
What makes Sundance Trail Guest Ranch Stand Out!
Size – We are a Small Dude Ranch:
• You will find it very easy to meet and get to know the other guests here.
• No name tags. No crowds. No lines. Our dining room has only four tables!
• Our ranch is one of the smallest Colorado dude ranches that we know. Because we are such a small ranch we accept no more than seven families or 24 people maximum.
• Our ranch may be small, but our playground is big. You will have a million acres of National Forest to play!
• You may not have ever ridden a Western horse before, or you may own your own and ride every day. Because we are so small, and because we keep riding groups small, we are able to be very flexible in our riding program and in most activities.
Not a nose-to-tail program:
• Our wranglers will never tell you to “get in line.” We don’t believe in lines! (If you enjoy lines, I guess that you’ll have to go to Disney…)
• Take off your watch. You won’t need it. We ring the dinner bell for the most important activities of the day!
• You will find a ranch vacation weekly schedule of activities with lots and lots to do, but you’re not locked into a rigid schedule – every activity is optional, and there is a good balance of “unstructured time.”
• The best vacations are relaxing!
• We are the only pet friendly dude ranch that we know!
• Your dog, if he/she is well mannered around children and other animals, is welcome! Give us a call and we can discuss details. Or visit our Pet Friendly rules page.
• Your horses are also welcome! Call us about hay, vaccinations and coggins.
Close to the airport:
• How much of your vacation do you want to spend “getting there”? Although lost in the mountains, we are less than a two hour drive from Denver International Airport.
• We enjoy sharing our lifestyle with people, especially families. We enjoy helping families play together.
• If you are looking for a “drop-off” children’s program, then Sundance Trail is not the best vacation ranch for you.
Sundance Trail is a small horse ranch, with mountain lodge and cabin suites for up to seven families or twenty-four guests. After a trail ride, the lodge and adjoining decks are an inviting place for a fresh cup of coffee, reading, cards, swapping stories, or just plain enjoying the view. After sundown, the stars come out and set our Colorado sky ablaze.
This guest ranch has two wheelchair friendly guest suites. It is a Wheelchair Friendly Dude Ranch! Learn more by contacting Ellen or Dan.
Our professionally decorated dude ranch suites have private baths, private outdoor entrances and decks and daily maid service. All suites include AM-FM radios, refrigerators and individual coffee service.
Whether it’s cookouts, steak barbecues, lunch on the trail or picnicking under the pines, family vacation meal time is special.
The ranch serves up excellent fare. Meals are Colorado hearty western, served family style, with home made breads and desserts… always delicious. We are very flexible and will be happy to accommodate any dietary restrictions with advance notice.
In addition to a complete dude ranch riding program, we offer a lively list of activities including something for everyone in an unstructured atmosphere.
River Rafting- Experienced guides take dude ranch guests on raft trips ranging from float trips to exceptional white water expeditions on the Cache La Poudre River.
Trap Shooting- For those of you dude ranchers who have mastered the 22 caliber rifles and “Big Bertha” (our 50 caliber black powder muzzleloading civil war replica), we can provide lessons and the challenges of flying clay targets!
Rock Climbing- Join an Introduction to rock climbing class! In this “hands on” class learn knots and proper belay techniques, basic movement techniques, communication, terminology, an introduction to bouldering, and outdoor safety awareness. We provide all special shoes, ropes, helmets and all of the other technical gear.
Lot’s of other great activities!
Fun Fishing in nearby lakes for trout
Serious Fly Fishing on nearby “Wild and Scenic” river
World Class Disc Golf
Riflery (with safety instruction)
Black Power Riflery (with safety instruction)
Shotgun Trap (with safety instruction)
Private Riding lessons and Coaching
Adventurous side trips
and, of course, the hammocks…
Evening Activities include:
Sunday Evening guided hikes
Monday Square Dancing Lessons
Tuesday Evening Kids’ Night Out at the Campfire and Tipi, & Adults’ Quiet Candle Light Supper.
Wednesday Campfires with Cowboy Singers
Friday Campfires with Cowboy Poetry
Rocky Mountain National Park
Historic Laramie Territorial Prison