Today, I rode Lisa Darnell’s 12-year-old mare, Misty, at Land Between the Lakes, a popular recreation area in Kentucky. The land is literally a peninsula surrounded by a lake. Randall Mitchell, the park naturalist, led us out to learn about the history of the area, along with Lisa and her crew from Equine Adventures, the park concessioner who rent horses and lead trail rides. You can bring your own horse to the park or ride out with Lisa on her horses. As this is a recreation area, folks are encouraged to come and be active in the area. Lots of people camp here and make their own fun by fishing, riding horses on and off the trails, riding atv’s or hunting. Lots of people recreate on the lake too, which is vast and beautiful.
Darley Newman is the host of the Emmy Award-winning Public Television series Equitrekking®, which takes viewers on horseback riding vacations around the world. Equitrekking is broadcast on PBS stations and on international networks in over 30 countries.
Watch the Equitrekking video promos and purchase Equitrekking DVDs in our Store. Learn about equestrian vacations and book a horseback riding vacation at EquitrekkingTravel.com
- Kentucky- Big Red Stables
- Kentucky- Shaker Village Trail Riding
- Kentucky- Kentucky Horse Park Video
- 4 Great Places for Kentucky Horse Riding
- Kentucky’s Shaker Village
- Kentucky- International Museum of the Horse
- Kentucky- Great Trail Rides Video
- Kentucky- Barren River State Park
- Kentucky- Rolex Three Day