Cappadocia, Turkey is one of the most fascinating destinations we've ever horse ridden and ranks at #8 in our countdown.
I've actually visited Cappadocia, Turkey twice now. It's one of the most interesting travel destinations I've ever explored and a great place to explore on horseback. You can ride horses from village to village through these fairy chimney valleys comprised of interesting formations. Fairy chimneys are sort of like hoodoos in the American West. These rocks have been eroded by the elements and time.
You may ride to small vineyards, old monasteries and churches carved out of the rocks and underground cities. There are vibrant markets in Cappadocia, where you can buy everything from carpets to fresh fruits and vegetables to jewelry and collectables. Everywhere we rode, the people were friendly and excited to see us, as many of the destinations were places that tourists don't normally travel.
Read about our #9 pick–– the Canadian Rockies.
Learn more about riding vacations in Cappadocia, including special riding vacations that you won't find anywhere else, through EquitrekkingTravel.com, our sister travel website.
- 10 Cappadocia Travel Tips for Equestrians
- Turkey- Kayaköy, Lycian Coast
- Turkey- Güzelyurt Horseback Riding
- Turkey- Horse Riding Kiliclar Valley, Cappadocia
- 10 Great Places to Horse Ride- #9 Canadian Rockies
- 10 Great Places to Horse Ride- #10 Waipi’o Valley, Hawaii
- Cappadocia Underground City Bloopers Video
There are no comments on this entry yet. Post the first below!